Six Month Smiles® in Vancouver, WA
Are you unhappy with your smile because of crooked, rotated, or misaligned teeth? Have you been avoiding treatment because you don’t want to have to wear traditional braces for two years? Fortunately, advances in the field of dentistry have given us several alternative options for straightening teeth. At Creative Smiles in Vancouver, WA, Dr. Carl Futenma offers Six Month Smiles for patients desiring discreet orthodontic treatment with fast results.
About Six Month Smiles
Most dentists agree that traditional braces are incredibly effective for providing a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile. Six Month Smiles is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that modifies the most efficient aspects of traditional braces to give older teens and adults an aesthetically-pleasing and convenient solution.
Like traditional braces, the Six Month Smiles system is comprised of wires and brackets. In this case, however, the brackets are clear, and the nickel titanium wires are tooth-colored, making them virtually unnoticeable to others. As the name suggests, treatment can typically be completed in approximately six months.
Who is a Candidate for Six Month Smiles?
Six Month Smiles is an effective treatment that can address a variety of orthodontic issues. You may be a candidate if you have:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Rotated teeth
- Spacing or gapped teeth
- An overbite
- An underbite
- A cross bite
It is important to note that Six Month Smiles does have limitations, and it is not an appropriate treatment for everyone. During an initial consultation with Dr. Futenma, he will determine which orthodontic options will address your specific dental needs. Because our team embraces a philosophy of comprehensive care, we believe it is important to choose an option that will address function and health in addition to aesthetics. Choosing the appropriate orthodontic treatment option can help you invest in your oral health for years to come.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles offers numerous advantages when compared to traditional metal braces. These include:
- Quicker Treatment Time: Six Month Smiles utilizes the latest in technology and techniques to move teeth quickly and safely. The primary focus of treatment is moving the teeth in your “smile zone”, or the teeth that show when you smile.
- Virtually Invisible: With clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, Six Month Smiles is barely noticeable.
- Conservative and Effective: Even though Six Month Smiles can move your teeth at an accelerated rate, the treatment itself is still conservative. This treatment is no more aggressive than traditional orthodontics.
- Comfortable: Many patients assume that orthodontic treatment with Six Month Smiles will be more uncomfortable due to the rapid tooth movement. However, this treatment utilizes the same mechanics as traditional braces, so discomfort will be minimal.
- Easier Hygiene: Proper oral hygiene can be a challenge while wearing braces. Because this orthodontic treatment can be completed in about six months, it poses less risk of decay.
- More Affordable: Typically, Six Month Smiles is more affordable that alternative orthodontic options, such as traditional braces.
Maintaining Your Smile after Treatment
Any time you complete orthodontic treatment, a retainer must be worn to maintain your progress. While braces can effectively move teeth roots, they are unable to move the ligaments surrounding the teeth. Therefore, if a retainer is not worn, the teeth can gradually move back to their original positions over time. Patients can choose between a removable retainer or a permanent retainer that can be bonded to the back of the teeth. Dr. Futenma can help you decide which option will work best with your lifestyle.
Contact Us to Learn More about Six Month Smiles
If you are looking for a short term orthodontic option, Six Month Smiles may be the solution for you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Futenma, call our office at (360) 574-3061 or contact us online anytime.