Clear Correct Aligners
Straighten Your Teeth Discreetly with ClearCorrect®
Do you want to straighten your teeth? Have you avoided orthodontic treatment because you don’t want others to know you are wearing braces? ClearCorrect could be an effective solution for you. Popular among our teen and adult patients, ClearCorrect can straighten teeth discreetly with invisible aligner trays. At Creative Smiles in Vancouver, WA, Dr. Carl Futenma offers ClearCorrect for patients who desire a convenient and inconspicuous alternative to metal braces.
What is ClearCorrect?
The ClearCorrect system gradually straightens your teeth using a series of clear, removable plastic trays. Each set of trays is worn for two to three weeks, progressing to the next set when appropriate. ClearCorrect aligners should be worn at least 22 hours every day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Because ClearCorrect is virtually invisible, most people will not be able to tell you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Who is a Candidate for Clear Correct?
ClearCorrect is effective in treating mild and complex cases of misalignment. In addition to overbites, underbites, and cross bites, ClearCorrect can also address crowded teeth or gapped teeth. This revolutionary system can correct most common orthodontic issues. During your initial consultation, Dr. Futenma can help you decide if ClearCorrect is an appropriate treatment option for you.
Benefits of ClearCorrect
ClearCorrect offers a number of advantages over traditional metal braces. These benefits include:
- Convenience: Because ClearCorrect trays are removable, you will have no dietary restrictions. In addition to eating the foods you love, you will also be able to brush and floss with ease.
- Discreet Treatment: With metal braces, everyone can tell you are straightening your teeth. ClearCorrect is virtually unnoticeable.
- Comfort: ClearCorrect aligners are completely metal-free. Therefore, there are no brackets, wires, or bands to irritate the inside of your lips and cheeks.
- Removable: If you are attending a special event, such as a wedding, graduation, or birthday party, you can simply leave your trays out until you get back home. Keep in mind, it is important to wear your aligners as much as possible, so this should only be done occasionally.
- Effective: ClearCorrect has been proven incredibly effective in research and in dental practices all over the country. When worn as directed, ClearCorrect can straighten your teeth in as little as six months.
ClearCorrect Treatment Process
Beginning orthodontic therapy with ClearCorrect is a fairly straightforward process. If you undergo treatment at Creative Smiles, here are the steps you can expect:
- Initial Consultation: During your first visit with Dr. Futenma, he will perform a complete oral assessment to ensure you are free from tooth decay and gum disease. X-rays will also be taken to evaluate the health of the underlying bone. Dr. Futenma will listen carefully to your dental goals to determine if ClearCorrect is right for you.
- Impressions: If you are a candidate for ClearCorrect, impressions will be taken of your teeth. These will be necessary for the fabrication of your custom aligner trays.
- Fabrication of Aligners: Your impressions, x-rays, and dental records will be sent to the ClearCorrect lab, where a skilled technician will make your trays. Working alongside Dr. Futenma, the ClearCorrect lab will map out a personalized treatment plan in order to efficiently straighten your teeth.
- Treatment: Once the aligner trays arrive from the lab, we will schedule you in our office to try in the first set, and Dr. Futenma will give you detailed guidelines. From this point on, your orthodontic treatment begins!
- Maintenance: Once your teeth are in their correct positions, a retainer will be necessary to maintain your progress and keep your smile looking great. Dr. Futenma can discuss your options with you. Some patients are able to use the last ClearCorrect tray in the series as a nighttime retainer. Others opt for a lingual retainer, which can be permanently bonded into place behind the front teeth.
It is important to note that treatment times are dependent on your unique circumstances, and can vary significantly from patient to patient. Most patients achieve the desired result in approximately six to 12 months. However, treatment can take longer for some individuals.
Learn More about ClearCorrect
If you would like to find out more about straightening your teeth with ClearCorrect, schedule a consultation with Dr. Futenma. Call our office at (360) 574-3061 or contact us online anytime.